Posted by: GreenMicrofinance
Peasants Rely on the Road
The peasants use the roads within Fondwa primarily for market and commerce, church, and school. They are heavily used. Transportation on the roads varies...foot, donkey, motorcycle, pickups.
Growing Crisis...Road in Disrepair
Mud and rock slides are waiting to happen...
...or are happening.
Deep ravines are forming.
Road washouts come with rains.
Soil erosion due to lack of proper embankments.
Peasants forced to move away from the road into the valley, farther from markets, schools, and community centers.
Rebuilding The Fondwa Road...One of the Highest Priorities For Fondwa
Major capital road investment in Fondwa opens markets and increases income...
- Increase entry of new enterprises into Fondwa
- Expand markets for Fonda peasants agribusiness
- Allow for expanded decentralized small commercial centers
Good roads in Fondwa open doors...
- Increase attendance in schools as travel is safer and schools more accessible
- Attract more tourists to Fondwa
- Increase peasants ability to attend community events and social functions
- Increase better access to health care
Good road surfaces are a saving...
- Provide safer travel for all
- Save time for peasants overall
- Save money - fuel costs and maintenance costs of vehicles
- Protect the environment
- Prevent soil erosion for farming
- Save costs of constant road repair and road clearing from landslides
- Private Fondwa toll-road system could provide a solution to cover costs